20% Project #1- How To Decorate A Cake

Hello my name is Bibiana, for my 20% project I chose to learn how to decorate a cake. For this week, my goal was to get familiar with the tools and the different techniques for decorating/designing. I went to my dad’s bakery and asked many questions when he was working. I was able to successfully accomplish this goal and I was able to jot down many notes about methods and hacks. As well as some things I might want to watch out for. This week was a great week and I didn’t have any struggles at all. Although I did have to make one adjustment. Throughout the week, I had been asking my mentor to record videos of themselves decorating a cake. Unfortunately, my mentor forgot to take the videos and it had already become Friday. So I decided to take a voice recording of a conversation between my mentor and I, that way I could listen to the steps of decorating a cake, and take notes on the interview in class. Other than that, it was a smooth week. Next week I’ll be working on the different pipe tips and learning their designs.